Independent Coursework is helpful for students who would like to continue to take a repeatable course but cannot fit the course into their schedule.
- Grade Level: 9,10,11and 12
- Credit: .5 credits per semester
- Grading: Pass/Fail using specific course/department competencies
- Off Campus?: No
- Attendance Taken?: Depends on situation
- Title in Campus: ELO: Independent Coursework
Once you've filled out the ELO Request Form and have been approved for Independent Coursework, you will need to do the following:
- Meet with the teacher for whom you you are completing the independent coursework and discuss their expectations and your responsibilities.For example, when will you be working on the Independent Coursework? How often will you meet with your teacher? What is the final outcome?
- Fill out the ELO Agreement Form and have it signed by:
- Service Aide Teacher
- (Lead Teacher)
- Guidance Counselor
- ELO Coordinator
Independent coursework requires that you develop a tangible product that demonstrates your learning experience.
You will need to meet with your teacher to review the Product Form that describes, in detail, what your final product will be.
For more information, go to the PRODUCT page of this website.
Throughout your Independent Coursework Experience, you will be assessed on the progress you are making on your final product(s).
Your final assessment grade is based on the Course and Department Competencies of the course you are taking independently.